High School Youth
(students who will be in the 9th-12th grade during the 2015-2016
Get set for a
life changing experience!
$400 per student
You can pay it all by Feb. 1, or
$100 due on Feb. 1
$100 due on March 1
$100 due on April 1
$100 due on May 1
(The per student trip cost is $700,
thankfully that price is being offset
by the church budget!)
2015 MOUNTAIN TOP SCHEDULE
THURSDAY-July 23, 6:30pm
LOAD trailer-6:30pm at Asbury. Bring your luggage and all other Mt. T.O.P. items.
FRIDAY – July 24, 8:00am
LEAVE from Asbury promptly at 8:00am.
Pack an over-night bag with 2 changes of clothes, bathing suit and water shoes, toiletries, towel, and bedding. We will be staying Friday night, July 24 and Saturday night, July 25 in Chattanooga, TN in a camphouse at the rafting location.
SATURDAY – July 25
Asbury team building fun-river rafting!
SUNDAY – July 26
LEAVE Chattanooga and drive to Mt. T.O.P.
ARRIVE at camp at 11:00am
Minister to the community of Tennessee and have tons of fun!
SATURDAY – August 1
LEAVE from camp promptly at 10:00am.
Arrive back at Asbury approximately 11:00pm.
(ETA will be texted to parents as the travel day progresses.)
Packing list-you need 2 different bags:
Pack an over-night bag with 2 changes of clothes, bathing suit and water shoes, sunscreen, hat, toiletries, towel and bedding. We will be staying Friday night, July 24 and Saturday night, July 25 in Chattanooga, TN in a camphouse at the rafting location.
Mt. TOP bag:
- Work clothes for the 5 camp work days -these clothes get filthy dirty, covered in paint and/or roofing tar! You must wear shirts with sleeves, long pants and closed-toe shoes at the work site.
- Casual clothes for the travel day home
- Casual clothes for the evenings at camp (you can re-wear the same clothes several evenings)
- (You will use the bedding from your overnight bag)
- 2 Bath Towels
- Shower Sandals
- Rain Gear
- At least one long-sleeve shirt, jacket or sweatshirt for possible cold evenings
- Bug Repellent
- Hat or visor
- Pen / pencil
- Watch (so you can be on time)
- Closed-toe shoes / work boots
- SMALL portable camp chair for more comfortable seating than the ground offers
- Extension cord and power strip
- Spending money during travel for the trip up and back and, also for the camp store (T-shirts and other items will be sold, local dairy bars, local shops, etc.)
- A white shirt for tie-dye day (Wednesday)
- Musical instrument (if you play one)
- Plastic bags for wet/dirty clothing
- Required during the workday -Long pants, closed-toe shoes or work boots and shirts with at least short sleeves (no tank tops).
- All clothes should be conservative when it comes to their content (i.e. no beer or possibly offensive designs). No revealing clothing of any kind.
- Bring enough clothes for the entire week as laundry facilities are not available.
Please leave valuables at home and/or locked in vehicle for the week. This includes expensive jewelry, iPods, and large amounts of cash. Although we do the best we can, we cannot always ensure the security of the facilities.