Single Parent Ministry 2015
We are currently at full capacity.
Check back in 2016.
We are so delighted to be able to minister to single parents in our community through our Single Parent Ministry (SPM) program. The program is a partnership between Asbury United Methodist Church and Maitland Presbyterian Church.
Single Parents MUST reapply each year to be part of the program. PROGRAM CURRENTLY FULL!
For 2015, we will offer the following blessings to our SPM families:
- Easter Blessings-Baskets and Food: We invite all of our SPM families to join us for a Community Easter Carnival, complete with LOTS of fun activities for the kids and lunch for the family. We will distribute to our 2015 registered SPM families an Easter meal: a ham, side dishes, a cake and an Easter basket full of treats for each child.
- Thanksgiving Blessings-Food Basket: In November, we will distribute everything you need to make a Thanksgiving dinner, complete with a turkey and all the fixins. At this event, parents help their children fill out their Christmas Gift Wish Cards.
- Christmas Blessings- Presents: In December, we will distribute Christmas gifts.
We look forward to sharing these blessings with single parents in need.
If you have any questions, call the Asbury UMC church office at 407.644.5222.
Blessings to you,
Penny, Carla, and Sandi
Single Parent Ministry Team
To qualify for the SPM program, you must:
- Be the single, biological parent of minor children.
- This program is not for aunts, uncles, grandparents.
- The single parent must not reside with the child's other parent.
- Have custody/legal guardianship of your child(ren), under the age of 18.
- Have the minor child(ren) living in your home with you full time,
- Submit a new application for each calendar year,
- Have a phone interview in with a member of the SPM team, and
- Show your driver's license, and provide a copy of the child(ren)’s birth certificate(s) to the SPM team at the first event of each year.
The SPM program operates on a first come, first served basis, based on the date LEGIBLE applications are received in the Asbury church office.
Single Parents MUST reapply each year to be part of the program.